Just in case parents are not aware, fruit order forms and payment envelopes were sent home with your student on Tuesday, 9/16. Our sale will go through October 16 when all orders and payments are due. The fruit will be delivered in early December well before Christmas break begins. Checks should be written to GBBC.
Thanks so much for participating!!!!!!
GREER VS. EMERALD SCHEDULE
5:15 PM REPORT TO BANDROOM
5:30 PM DEPART FOR EMERALD
7:30 PM KICK OFF
10:00 PM LOAD BUSES
10:15 PM DEPART FOR GHS
12:00 AM ARRIVE @ GHS – UNLOAD
12:15 AM GO HOME
DRESS: SHOW SHIRT AND KHAKI SHORTS
BRING MONEY FOR CONCESSIONS!!!
I AM TAKING A ONE BUS PEP BAND TO THE GAME!!!!
Show shirts have arrived as well. If you ordered one, please come in & pick it up after the game tonight. Thanks!
Spirit Shirts will be available for pick tonight when the kids return back to the school after the game. These are the black spirit shirts, with the band logo, not the show shirts. If you have ordered one of these, you will need to come into the band room tonight and pick your shirt up from Lisa.
Thank you so much!
GREENVILLE ALL-COUNTY BAND EXHIBITION 2014
10:00 AM Stadium Gates Open
10:30 AM Warm Up begins (Have your water cooler with you)
1:00 PM Rehearsal Ends (pack up)
1:30 PM Depart for Greer High School
2:00 PM Lunch (Eat & Change into Summer Uniform – BLACK )
3:30 PM Depart for North Greenville University
4:15 PM Arrive @ North Greenville University
4:50 PM Opening Ceremonies
5:50 PM Depart for Warm Up (Swing by bus and pick up individual water coolers)
6:00 PM Warm Up Area – TBA
6:50 PM Performance Meeting (Front Ensemble depart for Gate)
7:10 PM Depart for Gate
7:30 PM Gate
7:40 PM PERFORMANCE (After performance we will remain at field and
Prepare for Mass Band)
8:00 PM NGU Marching Band
8:30 PM Mass Band Performance
9:30 PM Depart for GHS
10:15 PM Arrive @ GHS – Unload
11:00 PM Go Home!!!!!
Admission to the exhibition is $5.00 per person
UNION FOOTBALL GAME
5:15 p.m. Drums and Winds Report (please come dressed)
5:25 p.m. Begin loading trailer
5:45 p.m. Depart for Union High
7:00 p.m. Arrive at Union and unload and begin warm-up
7:30 p.m. KICKOFF – GO JACKETS!!!!!!!!
10:15 p.m. Depart for Greer
11:30 p.m. Arrive at Greer High – unload equipment and PACK TRUCK
12:00 pm. GO HOME!!!!!!!!!!!
COLORGUARD – FRIDAY’S SCHEDULE
4:30 p.m. Full Guard on practice Field
7:30 p.m. Non weapon members are dismissed
8:00 p.m. Weapon members are dismissed
***Only those guard members that spin a weapon are to stay until 8:00 p.m. Everyone else is dismissed at 7:30 p.m.
Parents and Students,
We have been offered an opportunity to participate in an awesome fundraiser! One of our band parents, Gina Green, is a Thirty-One Sales Representative, and she suggested we include all band members in this September fundraiser.
Simply go to Gina’s website, http://www.mythirtyone.com/112956, and click on the My Scheduled Parties link. Next, select GHS Marching Band Fundraiser link. From that point the decision is yours! Order away!!! Please share this information with as many as you can so they can order and help support our band program!
The fundraiser will run from September 1st – September 26th. Once orders are placed they will arrive in 14 days! Great chance to go ahead and start Christmas shopping!!!!
Again, please share with everyone you are connected with to help us make this a HUGE success!
Thanks for your support!
Greer High Bands
5:15 Students report – Review stand tunes
5:50 Load equipment
6:10 Load buses
6:15 Depart for Riverside
6:45 Arrive at Riverside – Unload
7:30 KICK OFF
10:00 Game ends
10:25 Depart for Greer
11:00 Arrive at Greer-unload
To: Greer Band Students and Parents
From: Jeff Norman
Re: Clinton vs. Greer High Football Game
Date: August 29, 2014
Dear Students and Parents,
Below please find information pertaining to our first football game of the season.
5:15 p.m. Band room available for students to begin arriving
5:20 p.m. Begin loading front ensemble, battery and tubas on truck
5:30 p.m. All band members in bandroom (already dressed) 6:00 p.m. Depart for Stadium
6:15 p.m. Arrive at Stadium and unload and begin warm-up
6:55 p.m. March into the stadium and prepare for pre-game
7:10 p.m. Pre-game (Star Spangled Banner, Alma Mater, Fight Song)
7:30 p.m. KICKOFF – GO JACKETS!!!!!!!!
10:15 p.m. Depart for Greer
10:30 p.m. Arrive at Greer High – unload equipment and place in proper areas
11:00 pm. GO HOME!!!!!!!!!!!
- All instruments with exception on tubas should go on the buses.
- Reed players please make sure you have extra reeds with you.
- Girls and Boys will not be permitted to sit together.
- When we pull out, students will remain quiet until directed by their chaperone or bus captain. When we arrive at the site, students will remain quiet from the time the facility is in sight until directed by their chaperone or bus captain.
- Anytime the buses are in motion, students are expected to be in their seats. Noise should never interfere with the driver’s ability to concentrate on his/her job.
- All Greenville County and Greer High school policies will be enforced.
- CELL PHONES ARE TO REMAIN IN YOUR CAR OR LOCKER. CELL PHONES WILL NOT BE PERMITTED DURING GREER BAND FUNCTIONS!!!!!!!!!!
IF A CELL PHONE IS TAKEN, IT WILL NOT BE RETURNED UNTIL THE END OF THE ACTIVITY.
- Food nor drinks will be allowed on buses
- Students are to remain with the band and in your seat the entire game.
- Should you have to go to the restroom, you will be escorted by a chaperone
- Always thank your drivers and chaperones for their time and efforts
- All students will ride the bus to every event. Students may ride home with parents from an event under the following conditions:
- The parent taking a child home has legal custody and is permitted to do so by law
- A written note has been given to the director of bands prior to departure from school
- The director has to see the parent and student together before leaving
- Students may not ride home with anyone other than their parents or legal guardian (No boyfriends/girlfriends or just plain friends.) DON’T ASK!!!!!!!!!
- Students need to bring money for food
- Dress: Summer Band Uniform – To be announced on Thursday afternoon.
PARKING AND PICK UP AFTER THE GAME!!!!
With the addition of the vehicle security enclosure, parking is extremely limited behind the school. I am asking that all parents please plan to park in a official parking place when coming to pick up your child. This will aid in relieving the congestion problems we have had in the past. The buses and the equipment trailers will need to have access to the area immediately outside the band room for the unloading of students and equipment. It is for their safety as well as yours that I ask this request. In addition to our buses returning from the stadium, the team buses will also be returning and will need access to the parking lot for unloading as well. I will ask band students that drive to use the upper parking spaces at the middle school to park. I ask for your patience in this matter as it may be extremely congested on Friday.
I want to thank all the parents,relatives and friends for attending our Greer Band exhibition tonight. It is with your continued support that our students continue to strive for excellence. I also want to thank the great team of instructors that have shared their expertise with our students over the past 3 weeks in helping reach their first goal of performance. Finally, and most important of all, I want to thank the band members for their hard work over the past 3 weeks. The band is definitely off to a great start. I appreciate the drive, enthusiasm and perseverance each of you have all displayed over the weeks thus far. Just remember however, it is only the beginning. As we prepare to start another school year, you will need to rededicate yourself to the ideas of this band program. 2014 is off to a tremendous start and it is up to all of us to continue on the path of success..