FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 4 – RIVERSIDE VS. GREER
5:30 PM – WIND PLAYERS, PERCUSSION AND GUARD ON PRACTICE FIELD
BE ON TIME !!!!!!!!! NO EQUIPMENT.
6:00 PM – LOAD TRAILER AND CLEAN BAND ROOM, HALL AND GUARD ROOM
****WE WILL CLEAN ALL AREAS BEFORE DEPARTING FOR GAME…
6:15 PM – DEPART FOR STADIUM
6:30 PM – WARM UP
7:05 PM – MARCH INTO THE STADIUM
7:20 PM – PRE-GAME – STAR SPANGLED BANNER AND ALMA MATER
7:30 PM – KICK-OFF – BEAT RIVERSIDE
10:00 PM – GAME OVER
10:30 PM – DEPART FOR GHS
10:45 PM – RETURN TO SCHOOL/UNLOAD
11:00 PM – GO HOME
ALL BAND MEMBERS WILL WEAR THE FOLLOWING:
BLACK BAND SHIRT
BLACK BAND SHORTS
SHORT BLACK SOCKS
If you are staying after school, please remain in either the band room or the hallway. REST!!!!!!!!
Dear Students and Parents,
Below please find a schedule for the first away ballgame. Please read carefully!!!
3:45 p.m. Students that cannot go home and need to remain at school should have some type of plan to have dinner brought to them.
5:00 p.m. Band room available for students to begin arriving
5:10 p.m. Begin loading trailer
5:25 p.m. All band members should be in the band room already dressed.
5:30 p.m. Load Buses
7:00 p.m. Arrive at Clinton, unload and prepare to enter stadium
7:20 p.m. March into the stadium and prepare for Kick Off
7:30 p.m. KICKOFF – GO JACKETS!!!!!!!! (Bring money for concession stand)
10:00 p.m. Depart for Greer
11:40 p.m. Arrive at Greer High – unload equipment and place in proper areas
12:00 a.m. GO HOME!!!!!!!!!!!
PARENTS PLEASE DO NOT PARK IN FRONT OF THE BAND ROOM DOORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS CONGESTION MAKES IT MORE DIFFICULT FOR OUR BUSES AND EQUIPMENT VEHICLES TO PULL BACK IN. PLEASE USE THE PARKING SPOTS IN THE PARKING AREA WHEN POSSIBLE. THIS WILL ALLOW OUR BUSES AND EQUIPMENT VEHICLES A CLEAR PATH ONCE WE RETURN.
**********IN ADDITION, ONCE WE ARRIVE PLEASE BE AWARE THAT ALL STUDENTS HAVE A JOB TO DO SUCH AS UNLOADING, CLEANING AND A SHORT MEETING. THESE THINGS WILL BE DONE AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE AND ARE IMPORTANT. PLEASE ALLOW YOUR CHILD TO COMPLETE HIS OR HER DUTIES BEFORE LEAVING.
1. All instruments can go in the trailer
2. Reed players please make sure you bring extra reeds with you
3. Everyone should have his/her own music flip folder
4. Girls and boys are not to sit together.
5. As we get closer to Clinton, students will be put on “Silent Bus” by the bus captain and remain quiet until directed by their chaperone, bus captain or staff member. Once we have come to a complete stop, students will be given instructions as to what needs to take place and when.
6. Anytime the buses are in motion, students are expected to be in their seats. Noise should never interfere with the driver’s ability to concentrate on his/her job.
7. All Greenville county school policies will be observed.
8. Food nor drink is not allowed on buses9. Students are to remain with the band and in your seat the entire game.10. Should you have to go to the restroom, you will be escorted by a chaperone
11. Always thank your drivers and chaperones for their time and efforts
12. All students will ride the bus to every event. Students may ride home with parents from an event under the following conditions:
a. The parent taking a child home has legal custody and is permitted to do so by law
b. A written note has been given to the chaperone of their bus prior to departure from school
c. The chaperone has to see the parent and student together before leaving
d. Students may not ride home with anyone other than their parents (No boyfriends/girlfriends or just plain friends.) DON’T ASK!!!!!!!!!
13. Students need to bring money for food as time will be provided during half time to go to the concession stand,
14. STUDENTS ARE NOT TO GO TO THE OPPOSING TEAMS HOME SIDE FOR ANY REASON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
15. Dress: Summer Band Uniform – Band Shirt and Shorts… Socks and Tennis Shoes.
CELL PHONE POLICY – PLEASE READ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Cell phones will be permitted only in the following situations:Away and Home Games
1. Students may have their phone on the bus for the ride going and returning home
2. Students may only use their phone after watching another bands’ performance at halftime and during the rest of their break. Students may use phone after home half time performances and during 3rd quarter break until report time for 4th quarter.
3. Cell phones are not to be visible prior to the beginning of a game, nor during the1st, 2nd or 4th quarters.
Let this notice serve as your warning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
First Offense: If a staff member, chaperone or band officer sees a band student with a cell phone out at an inappropriate time, the phone is to be taken and given to Mr. Norman. The phone will be returned to the student at the end of the event that night.
Second Offense: Student will be asked to turn over cell phone and the phone will be returned to a parent with a parent conference to take place.
Third Offense: The phone will be taken and a one game and/or performance suspension will be enforced.
*****The excuse “I was checking to see what time it is” will not be accepted.
A communication will be sent via “Remind 101” as to when we leave a site and our approximate ETA for returning home.
Parents, we need permission slips and medical forms turned in. If you didn’t pick these up at the booster meeting last week, they should have been sent home with your child tonight. Please fill out & return to the booster office in the band room ASAP. Thanks!
From the booster meeting Tuesday night:
New parent info packets – if you missed it, please come by & pick yours up.
We need permission slips and medical forms filled out for every child ASAP.
Show shirt orders due Aug. 15, and “Band Mom” t-shirt orders due by the first football game, Aug. 28.
Parents can pick up boxes of chocolate or candy to sell as a fundraiser.
Below please find a schedule for the meals to be served during lunch next week. You will still need to bring dinner.
Monday (August 3) – 2 hot dogs w/chips plus Little Debbies
Tuesday (August 4) – Pizza plus Little Debbies
Thursday – (August 6) – Spaghetti w/bread plus Little Debbies
Tea, Pink Lemonade and Water will be available all 3 lunches.
If you find that you can’t eat any of these or choose not to, then you are responsible for your meals both times.
Lunch on Wednesday is bring your own.
Next week the band will be working some long days! 9-9 Monday, Tuesday, & Thursday, and 9-5 Wednesday (off Friday!). The boosters will provide lunch on the 12-hour days; kids should pack dinner on those days and lunch on Wednesday. Meals will be hot dogs on Monday, pizza on Tuesday, and spaghetti on Thursday.
Thanks to everybody who helped and came out to uniform fitting today!
ALL STUDENTS (NEW AND RETURNING) WILL BE FITTED.
FITTING WILL TAKE PLACE IN THE BAND ROOM!!!!!
10:00 – 12:30 FRONT ENSEMBLE & BATTERY
1:30 – 3:00 ALL BRASS
3:00 – 5:00 ALL WOODWINDS
STUDENTS SHOULD WEAR GYM SHORTS AND T-SHIRT FOR FITTING. STUDENTS SHOULD ALSO BRING OR WEAR SOCKS TO TRY ON SHOES!!!!!
Students will be fitted for the follwing:
1. Formal Uniform (Jacket, bibbers, guantlets, hat, gloves, shoes)
2. Shoe orders will be taken. Shoes will be availble for students to try on. Cost of a pair of new shoes is $40.00.
****SHOES MUST BE PAID FOR BEFORE ORDER IS PLACED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The week after uniforms are fitted, we will need help in hemming, sewing buttons, etc. If you are able to help with this, please let us know.
There will be NO band practice on August 7 or 14.
Parents can come toward the end of practice on the 13th to see what the band has accomplished.
Regular after-school practices will begin on Thursday, August 20.
This week’s schedule:
Percussion: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. Monday – Friday
Guard: 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. and 6 p.m. – 9 p.m. Monday, Tuesday, & Thursday,
and 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. Wednesday & Friday
Winds: 6 p.m. – 9 p.m. Monday, Tuesday, & Thursday,
and 1 p.m. – 5 p.m. Wednesday & Friday (note, this is different from what was in the info packet)
What you will need for band camp…
- Sun Screen
- Large DRINK Cooler/Container filled with Ice Water
We have two Color Guard fundraisers coming up soon!
Thursday, July 16 at Fuddrucker’s from 5-8 p.m. Pick up a flyer when you arrive and turn it in for the guard to receive the profits.
Wednesday, July 22 at Sonic of Greer from 5-8 p.m. This requires a flyer too, which you can pick up at Sonic that evening.
Come support the guard! Thanks!