Greer Bands Booster Club Board
Becky Walker, President
Lisa Cagle, 1st Vice President
Anesa Matthews, 2nd Vice President
Colette Ouellet, Secretary
Shellie Roberts, Treasurer
What role do we play?
- support the band program
- organize fund-raisers
- provide logistical support for the band director
- provide logistics for band trips
- provide chaperones for band trips
- provide meals to students during band camp and compeitions
- provide moral support for the band director
- encourage the student musicians
The booster club encourages a competitive spirit among the band members, emphasizing unity, cooperation and team spirit. The members promote Greer Bands as a character building institution, which meets challenges with dignity and successes with humility. The boosters assist with band activities, lend moral support, and provide over and above what is funded by Greenville County Schools. These activities include but are not limited to refreshments, meals, banquets, awards, trips, and provisions for fund raising. In addition, the band booster club serves as a means of communication to band parents and the community. These goals are achieved through group and individual efforts. Many times booster club membership involves physical work, such as building props, moving and loading equipment for travel. Sometimes it involves intellectual activity – many great ideas that have improved the way the band program operates have come from booster brainstorming sessions.
Any Band Parent can sign up to participate on a committee. Please email Info@greerbands.org with your preferences.
- Summer Band Camp – Volunteer to watch students during band camp in case of illness or injury (2/4 hour shifts)
- Equipment Team – Transports equipment to and from Football Games and Band Competitions via trailers. Loads carts and delivers front ensemble instruments to the sideline prior to Football Games and Competitions. Builds, maintains, and transports props and other equipment as needed.
- Food Team – Plans meals, secures donations and/or gets quotes and orders and confirmations from restaurants and prepares and/or serves food to the band members during and Competitions.
- Miscellaneous Events –Pageants, concerts, Regional band auditions, etc.
- Fundraising Team – Organizes and implements selected fundraisers with leadership of Booster Club Board and Team Leader. Many people needed to make this successful. You can help with just one fundraiser throughout the year. It’s not as scary as it sounds. Sometimes it’s just calling to ask for donations, or picking up donations that are ready, totaling order forms, writing prices on brochures, sorting fruit order, etc.
- Volunteer Team – Provides any services needed as deemed necessary by the Band Director or Booster Club Board (Bus Chaperons, etc.).
- Uniform Team – Helps size band members into the correct uniforms, distributes uniform at events, ensures uniforms look excellent. (Sewing is not necessary to be a part of this team!)
- Public Relations Team – Helps distribute information to various outlets