FAIR SHARE FOR 2017-2018
As with any organization, there are costs involved to run programs. The band receives very limited funding from the school district, but it is not nearly enough to maintain our program at Greer High School.
It is our policy to try and provide each student the opportunity to participate in our band regardless of financial status. A student will not be kept from participating in the Greer Band because of finances.
The Greer Band program has comprised a system called “Fair Share” to be applied to the operating budget. It helps to give the organization enough funds to provide transportation, uniforms, props, meals, etc. We also pay our staff, excluding the director(s), from our funds.
The Fair Share amount contributed by each student will help offset operating costs.
- Students playing instruments and the Drum Major will pay $250.00.
- There will be a sibling discount of $75(1st Student $250, 2nd Student $175, 3rd Student $100).
- Colorguard members will pay $250.00 plus the cost of the uniform (usually between $75.00 – $150.00)
- All Students will be responsible for another $250 in fundraisers.
A $100.00 deposit towards the Fair Share is due by July 1st Second sibling deposit of $75.00 also due (if applicable) Third sibling deposit of $50 also due (if applicable)
Note: We are always willing to make arrangements for payments for families with financial strains. Alternate methods of payment or payment plans will be handled on an individual basis. Please contact Mr. Norman or Becky Walker for these situations.
Be assured that confidentiality will be maintained.
INSTRUMENT RENTAL FEE
A $50.00 rental fee will be applied to all students playing a school owned instrument.
(Examples: Percussion and Pit, Tubas, Baritones, Mellophones, etc.)
This amount is due by August 21, 2017.
FAIR SHARE PAYMENT SCHEDULE
All Band and Colorguard Members
- Initial Non-Refundable Payment Due by July 1st – $100
- Due by Aug. 1st – $100
- Due by Aug. 21st – $50
Total Fair Share Payments -$250
Due by August 21st – A $ 50.00 rental fee will be applied to all students playing a school owned instrument.
(Examples: Percussion and Pit, Tubas, Baritones, Mellophones, Etc.)
Due by Sept. 15th – $75 – $150 Colorguard Uniform
All payments are made to: G.B.B.C.
- Payments can be dropped off in the Band Booster Box(outside Mr. Norman’s office)
- Payments can be mailed to:
Greer Band Booster Club
PO Box 1896
Greer, SC 29652
- Payments can be made by credit card through our PayPal account