Football Game Food Expenses
Students will need to eat dinner before reporting to the band room on Friday nights. We do not provide meals on game nights. Students will have 3rd quarter off at home games and half-time off at away games (unless otherwise noted by Mr. Norman). They will need to bring money ($10) for concessions. Water will provided through-out the game by GBBC.
Band Competition Meals
When the band travels to competitions, we provide them a meal. Concession lines are long and expensive. By providing this meal, the students can relax and rest prior to performing. All band members are asked to pay $6 per competition to cover the cost of the meal. We will travel to the Greenville County Schools band exhibition and Powdersville Preview Show, three (3) competitions, Upper State and State.
Send in your food competition payment by August 1st and pay only $40. Money received after August 1st will pay $42 for food for the seven competitions.
If you would like to help with the meal committee, please put your name, phone number and email address on the sign-up sheet.
Sometimes students will need to have money ($10-$15) for concessions. We will let you know this ahead of time
Parent Volunteer Opportunities
Please select a team you would be interested in serving on. We ask that each family select at least one team to stay involved in your child’s music education.
- Summer Band Camp – Volunteer to watch students during band camp in case of illness or injury (2/4 hour shifts)
- Equipment Team – Transports equipment to and from Football Games and Band Competitions via trailers. Loads carts and delivers front ensemble instruments to the sideline prior to Football Games and Competitions. Builds, maintains, and transports props and other equipment as needed.
- Food Team – Plans meals, secures donations and/or gets quotes and orders and confirmations from restaurants and prepares and/or serves food to the band members during and Competitions.
- Miscellaneous Events –Pageants, concerts, Regional band auditions, etc.
- Fundraising Team – Organizes and implements selected fundraisers with leadership of Booster Club Board and Team Leader. Many people needed to make this successful. You can help with just one fundraiser throughout the year. It’s not as scary as it sounds. Sometimes it’s just calling to ask for donations, or picking up donations that are ready, totaling order forms, writing prices on brochures, sorting fruit order, etc.
- Volunteer Team – Provides any services needed as deemed necessary by the Band Director or Booster Club Board (Bus Chaperons, etc.).
- Uniform Team – Helps size band members into the correct uniforms, distributes uniform at events, ensures uniforms look excellent. (Sewing is not necessary to be a part of this team!)
- Public Relations Team – Helps distribute information to various outlets.